- 1/2 lb spicy sausage, sliced (I used smoked sausage)
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp, divided
- 1 cup onion
- 3/4 cup green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning + 1/8 tsp, divided
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 2 small cans El Pato tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 lb shrimp
Directions1. In a large skillet heat the oil, sausage, onion, pepper, and celery - saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add seasoning and 1 bay leaf - cook 1 minute more.
3. Add tomato sauce, chicken broth, water, and cauliflower.
4. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes - remove bay leaf.
5. In another skillet saute 1/2 lb shrimp and 1/8 tsp Cajun seasoning in 1 tsp olive oil.
6. Saute for 2 minutes, then stir into jambalaya.