We both had carnitas, which consisted of braised pork and onions. Very tasty!
Day 28 was Superbowl Sunday and Paleo pizza day! We treated ourselves to lots of Paleo-friendly foods during our party and loved every bite.
We started off with a few appetizers such as green olives, dill pickles, turkey lil' smokies and organic sweet potato chips.
Next we had the pizza.
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large Italian sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 chopped red/yellow peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
1. Mix ground nuts, egg whites and cashew butter into a small bowl.
2. Grease a pizza baking sheet with 2 tsp of olive oil, then spread "dough" mixture over it, making a 1/4 inch crust.
4. In a skillet, add remaining olive oil and the sliced sausage.
5. Cook until brown then remove the sausage into a small bowl.
6. Add garlic, onions and peppers to skillet.
7. Saute the veggies lightly, making sure not to let them get too soft.
8. Cover the dough with sauce, then add the meat and vegetables.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10. Use a spatula to remove the slices from the pan, as the "nutty" dough won't be as crispy as traditional dough.
And for dessert, chocolate avocado pudding with fresh fruit.
Proof that you can still have great tasting, healthy food at a party!