- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2-3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sliced tomato
- lettuce (we used spinach)
- 3 portobello mushrooms
Directions1. Put ground meat in a bowl, add the onion, garlic, pepper, and any other spices you wish
2. Mix well then form into three patties
3. Put oil in skillet and cook the patties, flipping often
4. Set the burgers aside when done, covering with a plate so that they stay warm
5. While burgers are cooking prepare the "buns" and an vegetables you wish to top the burgers with
6. Cut the stems off of the mushrooms first, but save them to use in a different meal
7. Put mushrooms in the skillet that you used to cook the burgers and cook for 2-3 minutes per side in the juices of the meat
8. Plate the mushrooms, then add the meat and condiments
I served our burgers with a side of sweet potato fries. So much better tasting than regular old french fries and better for you!
Today I also experimented with another muffin recipe I found here by adding raisins and walnuts. The recipe turned out to be more like a mix between a muffin and a cookie. They were a little crumbly, but had a great taste and satisfied my need for a sweet snack/dessert.
Cinnamon Apple Paleo Muffins
- 1 c almond flour
- 1 c unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1 large apple, cored, peeled, and diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a dash of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients and divide evenly into a muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes.