Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 11: Sauteed Salmon/Chicken and Cauliflower

  For dinner on day 11, because I wasn't big on the recommended dish, I made my standby salmon recipe. Just salmon with lemon juice and a variety of spices, sauteed in a pan. I added a side of green beans and a mixed greens salad. Nothing fancy tonight. Sorry!


 On another note, my husband and I have each lost 3 lbs. since becoming Paleo a week and a half ago. As I had previously mentioned, weight loss isn't necessarily our goal, its just been a byproduct of changing our diet.

In case anyone is interested, here is the recommended recipe for today:

Chicken and Cauliflower

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 lb boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 medium head cauliflower
  • 8 oz tomatoes sauce
  • 1 medium red bell pepper, raw
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp ground thyme
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder

Directions

1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet
2. Brown chicken on all sides
3. Meanwhile, chop the cauliflower into small pieces and add to pot, reduce to medium-low
4. Cover and cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally

No comments:

Post a Comment