Dinner on day 14 consisted of chicken alfredo. Now this isn't your typical chicken alfredo of course. Substitutes were made for the pasta and sauce.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 spaghetti squash (or kelp noodles)
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp tarragon
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet. Saute the garlic over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes, then add to the skillet and cook until all sides are brown.
- Prepared spaghetti squash (see instructions here). Add "noodles" to the skillet along with the tarragon, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes. Then, pour the liquid from the skillet carefully into a small container for use in the sauce.
- Add the cashews, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt, pepper, and paprika to a blender. Cover and blend into a powder. Add the reserved pan juices slowly, blending into a thick sauce. You'll have to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender periodically. Add the juices until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Add the sauce to the skillet, then mix well.
This dish was pretty good and my 3 year old loved it. I'm so glad I've got him converted from pasta to vegetable.
I will be on a small hiatus from posting for the next few days, but I promise, I'll still be eating Paleo. See you soon!