Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 20: Sloppy Joes

  Dinner on day 20 was sloppy joes. These sloppy joes tasted a lot different than what I typically make. These were pretty spicy and were a little too much for my 3 year old.
  I forgot to take a picture, so I will add this in for fun (remember Adam Sandler in his musician days?)


Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey or beef
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup tomato puree
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp yellow mustard powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp black pepper

Directions
  1. Cook meat and onion in a large skillet on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until the meat is browned.
  2. Stir in the remaining ingredients and heat for another 10-15 minutes.
  3. Serve over vegetable of your choice (We put it over mixed greens and tomato).
  My husband liked this recipe, but I think when I make this again, I will omit the some of the chili powder as well as some, if not all, of the cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment