- 12-15 shrimp
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and de-vein shrimp. Run under cool water and then pat dry with paper towels.
- Beat egg with spices.
- Combine coconut and almond flour on a plate or shallow dish.
- Set up dredging station. Working from left to right, put shrimp, eggs, flour mix and a plate.
- Use your left hand as the “wet” hand and your right as the “dry.” Pick up shrimp with left hand, drop in egg and pick up with left hand and drop in flour. Use right hand to toss flour over shrimp, then pick up and gently shake off excess crumbs. Lay on plate to set for 10 minutes.
- Put oil in pan and heat to medium high heat.
- Once all shrimp have been dredged and have set, put in hot pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes and then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp to a clean plate and let sit for 5 minutes to make sure crust sticks to shrimp.
Something else awesome I've found: Trader Joe's Vacuum Fried Pineapple Chips. Wow. They are sweet like candy and crunch like a chip. I wish I would've bought 10 more bag while at Trader Joe's, but it's probably a good thing I didn't.