Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 3: Slow Cooker Pork Loin

  For dinner on day 3, we enjoyed pork loin with zucchini and cauliflower, all prepared in a crock pot.
  The recipe came directly from The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf.

Ingredients

  • 3 lb pork loin
  • 12 oz tomato sauce
  • 2+ cups sliced zucchini
  • 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
  • 2 tbsp fresh basil 

 

Directions

1. Add all of the ingredients to a large crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 6-7 hours (I cooked mine for 5 hours on high), then enjoy.

The pork loin was very tender and had a great taste.
 
I know the vegetables look like a bowl of, um, whatever your imagination comes up with, but I promise, they were good. Their taste reminded me of the Italian dish Teala (my mom's recipe used yellow squash, potatoes, bread crumbs, tomato sauce and various spices).
 
Another healthy recipe to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment