Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 9: Pork Curry

  For dinner on day 8, I prepared pork curry. This is my first experience both cooking and eating curry, so I wasn't sure what to expect.
  I had previously purchased some Kitchens of India curry paste, so instead of following the recipe from The Paleo Solution exactly, I altered it just a bit.


Ingredients

  • 1 lb Fresh Ground Pork
  • 1 Kitchens of India curry paste packet (I used the paste for lamb curry) 
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 14 oz Fresh Baby Spinach
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk, canned

 

Directions

1. In a pot large enough to hold the spinach, brown the pork
2. Add the curry paste and water
3. Let simmer for 30 minutes
4. Add the spinach and coconut milk
5. Heat until the spinach has cooked down and wilted
6. Remove from heat and serve

*Works with stew beef, chicken, or lamb


  The curry tasted pretty good and definitely had some spice. The spinach was a great additive. 
  We will be having chicken curry later this week using another one of the curry pastes. I'm looking forward to it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment